Monday 30 April 2012

Recent trip to Belgium - Nostalgia was at an all-time high. I remember when I was little, running around the square, tripping up occasionally on the cobbled streets. I remember hiding from the rain inside the many little underground markets and museums. I remember the smell of Belgian waffles and the sound of people in aprons coaxing tourists into their chocolate shop as supposedly their chocolate was actually the "best in Belgium" - unlike the past five hundred vendors or so that claimed the exact same thing.

Everything was the same... the only difference is that I went with my dad and my new family (who rock, btw), but my mother was no where in sight. I kept thinking that I saw her though... Too many women with thigh-high leather boots and a shock of cropped, bleached-blonde hair.







Yeah, these little things were everywhere...  Don't ask me. I don't know why. Google it. My brothers couldn't get enough of them; we had to stop at every single one so that they could cackle at it... It got tiresome very quickly.

Meanwhile, living for my little brothers is proving fulfilling and never boring. Ain't they just the most beautifullest? The highlight of my trip was definitely when Stefano (younger) started pointing to random Belgian people, yelling "SLIMEY TURKEYS" whilst Kieran (older) freaked out at him to shut up as Stef was apparently cringe-worthily embarrassing. Attracted quite a crowd... I think a few people even stopped to snap a couple photos of us, too. Oh the wonders of a big family.






No comments:

Post a Comment